A bit of details about the location: What is now the Hood River Hotel was built in 1913 as the annex to the Victorian Mt. Hood Hotel, which had graced downtown Hood River since the coming of the transcontinental railroad in the 1880s. The original wood-frame building stood on the adjacent parking lot; it survived into the 1920s, when it was demolished. Used as a hotel and rooming house until 1970, it fell into disrepair and disuse. Pasquale Barone purchased it in September 1988 and began the restoration work. Brian and Penny Cunninghame purchased the hotel in September 2000 and continue to operate it as an elegant small-town country inn. Today, the Hood River Hotel has been fully restored to its original glory offering 32 rooms and 9 suites, each different, each individually appointed with antique reproductions and decorations evoking European charm and the hotel's history.