Saturday, May 15, 2010

My FIRST Mother's Day

For my first Mother’s Day we celebrated at the Betts Alpaca Ranch and had gluten free pizza. It was nice to spend time with my mom and the Betts. What a joy it is to be a mother. I now appreciate this day differently. Not only can I celebrate my mother I now appreciate being a mother. THANK YOU my little Sunshine for making me a Mother. I pray that I am the best mother I can be for you and that our bond grows stronger everyday. I love you with all my heart! The Lord blessed me the day you were born.

My mom wrote a quick poem and I think it fitting: "The world is a beautiful place because the Lord made Evelyn Grace."

For a belayed Mother’s day gift, Reuben and I went to Curque Du Soleil in Portland and had front row seats. My mom watched Evie and Reuben and I got to go out for a REAL date night. It was so wonderful. The clowns picked on Reuben twice commenting on how pretty his long hair was. It was great. I loved being able to spend some quality time with my man. It was well needed.












1 comment:

Traci Kenitzer said...

You girls are gorgeous, I love you three!!!