Thursday, November 4, 2010

Holiday Traditions

I came across a blog with a contest for Holiday Cards (http://www.redpearldesigns-blog.com/). In the contest you can submit an entry if you comment with one of your favorite family traditions. This got me thinking of some of mine and I thought I would share them.

Thanksgiving favorite tradition (besides all the delicious foods), would be playing apples to apples. When my side of the family gets together we have a very large gathering with way too much food. We eat and eat, and eat some more, and then start to play apples to apples. It is so much fun having good quality time with my family. We laugh, talk, and laugh some more. Family is everything and I am thankful for each and every one of them.

My favorite family tradition for Christmas would be opening stockings. In my family we have special custom made stockings for each family member that my mom made. Opening the stockings is the first thing we do Christmas morning. There are always tasty goodies, fun treats, and little toys. This year is my daughter’s first Christmas and “Grammy” is finishing up her custom stocking. I cannot wait until she gets to open hers first thing Christmas morning and see her face light up with joy! Reuben’s family also opens stockings first and we can always expect an orange and a box of chocolate covered cherries. I love how I am now a part of that tradition and I can look forward to my goodies in my stocking.

Now that we have Evelyn, it will be fun to start thinking of our own traditions we want to carry on and also start with Evelyn.

Anyone else got some good ones they would like to share?

No comments: