Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Baby its cold outside!

December came on fast and so did the winter weather.

We have had such a great December together. Reuben has been working weekends as the doorman (or bouncer) at the River City Bar here in Hood River on the weekends. It is nice because I go out and hang out with him and am starting to get to know a few people now in town. I hope soon to get to have some girls I can chill with. He still works at Power Design during the week, this is just a new weekend hobby.

I have been working in Vancouver still but managed to (and just in time) get our house computer hooked up so I can work remotely from home. It was just in time as the weather came in hard and I was stuck at home. I have enjoyed sitting in my pj’s all day and working from home.

We went Christmas tree hunting with Mom and Dad Betts. We found a great tree that was as wide as it was tall. It is wonderful, our first Christmas together. Too bad the storm is keeping gifts from arriving on time and family to come for Christmas. My mom and his Grandmother planned on coming but the weather is holding them back. We plan to celebrate Christmas with my mom shortly after the weather calms down.

Speaking of storm, man oh man have we been hit hard. It has been nonstop for a week and a half. I have been working from home and that is wonderful. The snow outside is knee deep. I have never seen this much snow. Reuben’s friend Timmy got snowed in over the weekend. We had fun, played Wii and watched movies. We also got out and played in the snow. I made a great snow angel. When I fell backward into the snow if felt like I was falling in a bed of feathers. The ice sickles coming off our house are almost touching the ground now. I love the snow. It makes me smile.

Another thing that makes me smile is being married. It is great getting to know each other deeper every day. Finding out things that bother the other person, finding out what foods we like and don’t like, and also finding out things about each other that make us tingle inside all over. The little things like a kiss for no reason, a squeezing of the hand, or public displays of affection. I am looking forward to years and years to come of finding out what makes Reuben tick, both good and bad.

I have learned to say I love you as often as I can, Kiss him passionately three times a day, and to never go to bed angry. Great advice from fellow married couples!
I hope all of you are staying warm and you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New year.
Man, where did this year go?



3 comments:

Traci Kenitzer said...

Oh it is a white Christmas indeed... Stay safe and enjoy your days together we love and miss you guys, I still love your hair by the way :)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you two!!!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Hey you! I'm glad to see you "caught up". You left me hanging after the wedding. Isn't this weather crazy!! It just won't stop! Glad you can work from home.
Have a great Christmas!

Katie and Chris Haglund said...

Hey Hon, I didn't realize you had updated, it was fun to read your blog. I updated mine too recently. . . yey for life. Love you and miss you