Sunday, December 5, 2010

Away to the Window I Flew Like a Flash (DPP 5)

"When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash."



Today was a day of testing my patience, from being up often in the middle of the night with a teething girl, to getting food thrown on me at lunch. Sometimes days just don’t run as planned. It is those days I am reminded to have patience. The Lord reminded me today that I just needed to take a step back and take a moment, then come back to the situation with a different perspective. After we were all cleaned up from the food fight at lunch (no, no photos of that) we had some fun times playing through the window making funny faces at each other. Even when my patience runs out, there is always a beautiful smile to welcome me back.

No comments: